Jake and Cyd

Jake and Cyd

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Day has arrived

On Friday Feb 4, 2011, with much excitement, we traveled to the city of White Water where the Guide Dogs of the Desert is located to pick up our puppy. All we knew was that his name was Jake and he was a male Chocolate Lab.  Our training appointment was scheduled for 2pm.  We arrived early of course because my mom hates being late.  We walked into a room and WOW, there were 6 Chocolate Labs and a 1 German Shepherd split into 2 pens. I wonder which one is mine.  We were told which one was Jake and it was LOVE at first lick.

Jake's first night at home was exhausting. I forgot how many times a night a puppy needs to get up and go pee.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for chocolate. I have wanted one, but GDB goes out of their way to NOT have chocolates. Love the green eyes. Good luck with the potty training. Just remember, when he wakes up, before he goes to bed, in the middle of the night, after he eats, after he plays, in the middle of playing, when he scratches or stands still (just kidding)it's potty time!

    Welcome to the adventure of a life time.

    wags and kisses
    Carrie, Waffle and Truffie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I can't wait to read your adventures.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting Jake! I look forward to hearing about all the exciting things you'll be experiencing together.

    Michelle and GDB Tamika (IFT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! I can't wait to hear the fun adventures! I love the new brace free smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete